Find things to do
If you know what kind of activity you’re looking for, choose the area or type of attraction you want below. You can also search by name or keyword:
Go wild at Myrtle Beach zoos & wildlife attractions!
But if you’re an animal lover looking for something truly wild and ferocious, you’ll want to check out one of the great Myrtle Beach wildlife attractions during your next trip.
First off, there’s a pair of Myrtle Beach zoos to visit. The Waccatee Zoo (located off of S.C. 707 near Socastee) is a 500-acre wooded preserve known as one of Myrtle Beach’s best-kept secrets, while the Lowcountry Zoo (located just south of Murrells Inlet) is part of Brookgreen Gardens, one of the area’s most popular attractions.
If aquatic animals interest you, attractions like Alligator Adventure at Barefoot Landing and Ripley’s Aquarium at Broadway at the Beach, let you get up close and personal with everything from ferocious gators, crocodiles and sharks to friendly dolphins, tiny seahorses and touchable horseshoe crabs.
And if big cats are your thing, you’ll definitely want to see T.I.G.E.R.S. preservation station at Barefoot Landing or take the Wild Encounters Tour to see The Institute of Greatly Endangered and Rare Species for yourself.
There’s also plenty of wildlife to be seen in the wild, whether you’re fishing and crabbing, enjoying a dolphin tour or just spotting rare birds at Huntington Beach State Park.
Browse our library of listings, articles, posts and galleries by entering a term below:
- Broadway at the Beach talks Wahlburgers, Paula Deen and all the changes coming to the area
- Four reasons why more tourists are flying to Myrtle Beach and the facts to prove it
- King mackerel make an early appearance | Weekly Fishing Report, April 21 – 27
- Dave & Buster’s announces Grand Opening date at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach
- Top 10 Miniature Golf Courses in the Myrtle Beach area
- Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen coming to Myrtle Beach SC
- Opening of Dave and Busters at Broadway at the Beach around the corner
- Given the recent growth, are there too many places to eat in Myrtle Beach?
- 27 places to eat in Myrtle Beach that offer a senior discount
- Best rainy day activities in Myrtle Beach