Find things to do
If you know what kind of activity you’re looking for, choose the area or type of attraction you want below. You can also search by name or keyword:
Go wild at Myrtle Beach zoos & wildlife attractions!
But if you’re an animal lover looking for something truly wild and ferocious, you’ll want to check out one of the great Myrtle Beach wildlife attractions during your next trip.
First off, there’s a pair of Myrtle Beach zoos to visit. The Waccatee Zoo (located off of S.C. 707 near Socastee) is a 500-acre wooded preserve known as one of Myrtle Beach’s best-kept secrets, while the Lowcountry Zoo (located just south of Murrells Inlet) is part of Brookgreen Gardens, one of the area’s most popular attractions.
If aquatic animals interest you, attractions like Alligator Adventure at Barefoot Landing and Ripley’s Aquarium at Broadway at the Beach, let you get up close and personal with everything from ferocious gators, crocodiles and sharks to friendly dolphins, tiny seahorses and touchable horseshoe crabs.
And if big cats are your thing, you’ll definitely want to see T.I.G.E.R.S. preservation station at Barefoot Landing or take the Wild Encounters Tour to see The Institute of Greatly Endangered and Rare Species for yourself.
There’s also plenty of wildlife to be seen in the wild, whether you’re fishing and crabbing, enjoying a dolphin tour or just spotting rare birds at Huntington Beach State Park.
Browse our library of listings, articles, posts and galleries by entering a term below:
- Opening of Dave and Busters at Broadway at the Beach around the corner
- Entertainment, rooftop bar and restaurant coming to RipTydz on Myrtle Beach oceanfront in 2017
- Paula Deen to bring southern cooking, kitchen gadgets and decor to Broadway at the Beach
- Wind, up-and-down temperatures confuse fish | Weekly Fishing Report
- Top 10 Miniature Golf Courses in the Myrtle Beach area
- Six songs you need to know for the 2017 Boathouse Summer Concert Series
- Spring Break 2016: The best nightlife & things to do in Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Spring Break 2017: 5 Places to go from Mild to Wild
- Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen coming to Myrtle Beach SC
- Snoop Dogg coming to the Myrtle Beach House of Blues