Find things to do
If you know what kind of activity you’re looking for, choose the area or type of attraction you want below. You can also search by name or keyword:
Go wild at Myrtle Beach zoos & wildlife attractions!
But if you’re an animal lover looking for something truly wild and ferocious, you’ll want to check out one of the great Myrtle Beach wildlife attractions during your next trip.
First off, there’s a pair of Myrtle Beach zoos to visit. The Waccatee Zoo (located off of S.C. 707 near Socastee) is a 500-acre wooded preserve known as one of Myrtle Beach’s best-kept secrets, while the Lowcountry Zoo (located just south of Murrells Inlet) is part of Brookgreen Gardens, one of the area’s most popular attractions.
If aquatic animals interest you, attractions like Alligator Adventure at Barefoot Landing and Ripley’s Aquarium at Broadway at the Beach, let you get up close and personal with everything from ferocious gators, crocodiles and sharks to friendly dolphins, tiny seahorses and touchable horseshoe crabs.
And if big cats are your thing, you’ll definitely want to see T.I.G.E.R.S. preservation station at Barefoot Landing or take the Wild Encounters Tour to see The Institute of Greatly Endangered and Rare Species for yourself.
There’s also plenty of wildlife to be seen in the wild, whether you’re fishing and crabbing, enjoying a dolphin tour or just spotting rare birds at Huntington Beach State Park.
Browse our library of listings, articles, posts and galleries by entering a term below:
- Winter water temperatures change patterns of species | Weekly Fishing Report
- Spring Break 2016: The best nightlife & things to do in Myrtle Beach
- Top 10 Miniature Golf Courses in the Myrtle Beach area
- Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen coming to Myrtle Beach SC
- USA Today tabs Top 10 luxury hotels in the Myrtle Beach area
- Comings & Goings: Changes in Myrtle Beach SC including a new amusement and new restaurants
- Shelling in Myrtle Beach: Beachcombing tips for visitors and how to start a collection
- Best wedding venues in the Myrtle Beach SC area
- Best Hidden Gems in Myrtle Beach SC
- Bellying up to the best craft beer bars in Myrtle Beach