Here’s a look at some other destinations around the region and how far they are from Myrtle Beach by car:
• Asheville: 4 hrs., 45 min.
• Charlotte: 3 hrs., 30 min.
• Fayetteville: 2 hrs., 5 min.
• Greensboro: 3 hrs., 20 min.
• Outer Banks: 5 hrs., 30 min.
• Raleigh: 2 hrs., 55 min.
• Southport: 1 hr., 15 min.
• Wilmington: 1 hr., 20 min.
• Winston-Salem: 3 hrs., 35 min.
• Beaufort: 3 hrs., 15 min.
• Columbia: 2 hrs., 35 min.
• Charleston: 1 hr., 55 min.
• Folly Beach: 2 hr., 10 min.
• Greenville: 4 hrs.
• Hilton Head: 3 hrs., 45 min.
• Kiawah Island: 3 hrs., 35 min.
• Spartanburg: 3 hrs., 50 min.
• Augusta: 3 hrs., 35 min.
• Atlanta: 5 hrs., 30 min.
• Savannah: 3 hrs., 45 min.
Take a daytrip during your Myrtle Beach vacation!
Even with all the amazing attractions in Myrtle Beach, those who never venture beyond the beach are missing out on a great deal of what makes a vacation in the Coastal Carolinas special.
Throughout the region there’s a rich and storied history filled with southern traditions, beautiful scenery and amazing architecture that can seen during a quick day trip from Myrtle Beach.
Places such as Conway, Georgetown, Pawleys Island and Calabash, N.C., all offer unique glimpses into the past while also offering first-rate modern attractions, restaurants, shopping and activities of their own.
Within a short drive of as little as 15 minutes or up to 2 hours you can experience any of these southern destinations first-hand and also visit other well-known cities around the region including Florence, Charleston, Columbia and Wilmington, N.C.
To learn more about any of these places and specific attractions, click below or check out the Myrtle Beach Insider Blog for more information on day trips and itineraries.
Browse our library of listings, articles, posts and galleries by entering a term below:
- Broadway at the Beach talks Wahlburgers, Paula Deen and all the changes coming to the area
- Four reasons why more tourists are flying to Myrtle Beach and the facts to prove it
- 9 Myrtle Beach-area places that offer locals’ discounts to residents in North and South Carolina counties
- King mackerel make an early appearance | Weekly Fishing Report, April 21 – 27
- Top 10 Miniature Golf Courses in the Myrtle Beach area
- Given the recent growth, are there too many places to eat in Myrtle Beach?
- 27 places to eat in Myrtle Beach that offer a senior discount
- Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen coming to Myrtle Beach SC
- Opening of Dave and Busters at Broadway at the Beach around the corner
- Dave & Buster’s announces Grand Opening date at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach