11 things to do at the 2017 Horry County Fair
Jason M. Rodriguez contributed to this report
The Horry County Fair is in its second year of this recent era, being hosted at the Myrtle Beach Speedway.
Here are several highlights we found in the fair’s second year:
1) Kickoff of the fair – Kickoff of the fair begins April 7, when admission for kids is free before 5 p.m. (Save $3 per kid). Petting zoo, pig races and a Paw Patrol character are some of the things they can enjoy every day.
2) NASCAR Experience – You’ve trekked through U.S. 501 traffic and made it to the Myrtle Beach Speedway. Might as well experience what they have there. NASCAR Ride Alongs $50, Pace Car Rides $20, Drive a NASCAR Race Car $199.99.
3) Legends in Concert – In a great entertainment twist, some of the Legends performers are coming to the fair. Elvis impersonator will be there at 5 p.m. both Saturdays; the Blues Brothers will there Monday at 5; and the Alan Jackson impersonator will be there at 5 p.m.m. Wednesday.
4) Death-Defying Car Jump. Sometimes all you need is four words to describe. Well, those four and: 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Be there.
5) Hospitality Industry Day is Sunday. Free admission with a pay stub from the – you guessed it – hospitality industry – before 5 p.m.
6) The Best Deals of the Week – It’s $2 to get in on Monday and Tuesday, and $10 for unlimited ride wristbands (Normally $25).
7) Senior Day is Wednesday. Free admission for those 65 and older.
8) College Day is Thursday. Free admission from 5-7 p.m. with a college ID and $2 drafts with a legal 21-and-over ID.
9) Emilee Milone is the mini Cindy Lauper at 2:30 p.m. Saturday. Should be entertaining.
10) NASCAR Late Model, Chargers and Mini Stock driver meet and greet at the front gate of the speedway before the 5 p.m. race Saturday. Tickets are $15 for the race, which gets you in the fair, as well.
11) Easter Sunday service by the Grand Strand Baptist Church begins at noon.
The second annual Horry County Fair opens Friday, April 7, going through April 16 at Myrtle Beach Speedway, at 455 Hospitality Lane, across from Tanger Outlets, off U.S. 501, about three miles north of Myrtle Beach, and just past S.C. 31.
Hours are noon-11 p.m. Friday-SundayApril 7-9 and April 14-15, 2-11 p.m. April 10-13, and opening at noon on April 16. Attractions will include daily entertainment on stage and with Robinson’s Racing Pigs and Paddling Porkers, and petting zoo, with both of these free to see with daily admission (not including rides): $5 ages 12 and older; $3 ages 5-11, 65 and older, and anyone with military ID; and free ages 4 and younger.
Specially themed days include, with “Spring Break” free admission on FridayApril 7 and April 14 for ages 17 and younger before 5 p.m.; and “$2 Monday Funday,” April 10, with $2 admission for everyone, and $10 wristbands for unlimited rides; “$10 Tuesday” with $10 unlimited ride wristbands on April 11; “Senior Citizen Day” April 12 with free admission for ages 65 and older; “College Day,” April 13, with free admission for college students with ID, 5-7 p.m.; and a canned food drive April 16 – bring donations of goods for food bank, for discount of $2 adult, $1 child, on admission. More details at 843-236-0500 or www.myrtlebeachspeedway.com/hcfair/.